Sunday, January 9, 2011

Today's Find

I can cross one item off of "The List" today--the new dining room table. I was out doing some browsing yesterday and found the almost perfect dining room table. (The price made me overlook that "almost" part). Perfectly sized for our dining room, and on sale for less than a third of the retail price. It's from Broyhill, of all  places, part of their "Perspectives" collection. It's finished in  black, so it will look great with the side chairs I already have. An aside on the side chairs: I bought them at target a number of years ago when they had their "Global Bazaar" event going on. They were on sale too, and I got the whole set for $200 because they reminded me of Barbara Barry's dining chairs for Baker furniture.
The table has clean lines and won't look too modern with the chairs. An interesting feature (that will be of no use to us) is that the top slides to reveal hidden compartments for silver.

These are the side chairs (from an old photo when I first purchased them):

No comments:

Post a Comment